Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Challenge #3 - Kellie

A page about Me, with loads of journaling!

Click HERE for credits

I decided to journal about the positives and negatives that make me as a person ...

For this about me page I'm going to point out the pros and cons of myself, or as some might say the positives and negatives. I believe you should always
end on a good note so I will talk about my negatives first. I'm still a busy, stressed person and still cant find a happy and calming way to deal with these problems that cause me to feel this way. I struggle with organization and a lot of the times I feel I'm left behind. Struggling with myself to decide on what and when something should be done and realizing what is a priority at that moment in time is something that doesn't come as easily with me as it may with some. Another way of explaining this would be I'm not a person that acts on impulse rather a person that thinks through things then acting on them. Exercise and smoking is something I really need to pay more attention to, building on my weak mindedness is a must. Its a constant battle in my mind knowing I shouldn't be doing this, I could be doing that instead yet I will let the thought pass and move on, allowing it to creep back into my mind only an hour later. Forgive and forget a little more swifter will also benefit me in more ways than I can imagine, letting go of the past is another step I must take to ensure my future is focused and not weighed down with what was and has been done. I know there is a lot of regrets in my life and as time goes on these are fading in my memory but I will admit the slightest reminder can get my mind back on the track of oh I wish I hadn't have done that or if I had of just done it this way things would have been so different, but who knows if I hadn't have made these mistakes and regrets would I be here right now. Would I have some of the most wonderful people and things in my life right here and now. As I think of these I instantly cross to the positives within me. Confidence is something I have had to work on since I was a child and after completing a self help course and attended some counselling it has helped me grow in so many ways and I now feel I can face situations I never imagined possible for me. I remember playing scenes over and over in my mind and contemplate what I would say before I would even dare to open my mouth to say something, I had trouble standing up for myself and putting my opinions out there in fear of someone not liking what I would say. Today this isn't a problem for me I can quite happily tell my partner that something is bothering me, I can quite happily tell my Dad that sometimes he talks down to me and I do this with my head held high and I don't second guess myself or my decisions. My love to give to my family and friends has always been a large positive, I can give it freely without any hesitation, its unconditional and never ending. I have a lot of love to give, I know I'm a very caring and thoughtful person, I thrive on affection and  love to give affection, full of hugs and kisses. Responsibility is something I took for granted and never really embraced and understood the meaning until I had my wonderful children. I take it on with full force now and apply this to many situations in my life, family, pets, career and so on. Taking on responsibility for my family entails being sure they are well taken care of, displaying my love for them and listening to their needs and wants. Just to be aware that I am here for them at anytime they need me and no matter what happens in theirs or my life for them to know that I truly love them, under any circumstances I will always love them. Responsibility as a pet owner where I provide a safe and loving home for my extended members of our wonderful family, offering them a comfortable home, a full belly and loads of cuddles. Teaching my kids these values is another responsibility in which I need to posses to ensure they can take these steps as they grow older and understand the responsibilities of having a pet as they depend on us for their well being. I believe I have always been a determined and hard working person, I strive for my goals and always try my best. I like to have goals in my life as it really gives me focus and try even harder to get to the end of where I want to be. I completed a college course last year nearly at the age of thirty and was so proud of myself as the start of the course seemed so daunting and yet when I got to the end I felt ever so relieved and happy that I had achieved something that I really wanted to do, this will also make it easier for me when I set future goals, hopes and dreams. I also believe I am a good friend, I listen, care and cherish the fun and memories I have with my peers. I would never turn my back on a friend in need and am always waiting with open arms when times get tough, I offer a shoulder to cry on and a keen ear for listening. I truly do listen, I take it all in and offer the best advice I can. Emotions can be a positive and negative for some but I know to be passionate and express your feelings can only be a good thing. To the people I love I show this emotion in many ways affection, care and laughter are just a few. I'm also concerned about the environment. I'm trying everyday to be more conscious about saving energy, recycling and utilizing our resources. Saving water, turning off lights and not using appliances too often like the dryer. I love to garden, getting my hands dirty is such therapy for me. I get time to think things over and its almost like meditating in a way. My favourite part of gardening would be my vegie patch. Seeing all the wonderful fruits and vegetables growing in our own backyard is such a good feeling and then when its time to collect the rewards of all our hard work its a real pleasure. This is another activity I want to teach my children and show them the importance of growing your own produce, using no chemicals and eating food that they grow.

No comments: